News‎ > ‎Academy News‎ > ‎

Statement

posted 10 May 2017, 07:54 by Jake Greenwood

At 9.45 am today a year 10 student inadvertently and mistakenly opened a bottle of bromine water during a science lesson, a substance which can cause breathing difficulties and irritation if it comes into contact with skin.

 

The laboratory was immediately evacuated and emergency services were called to the site as a precaution. The safety and welfare of our students and staff is our number one concern at all times.

 

We can confirm that six students were driven by minibus to Birmingham Children's Hospital as a precaution for medical checks. They were displaying no symptoms of any illness and have now been discharged from the hospital all fit and well.

 

There was no impact on the rest of the school day and lessons continued as normal.

Comments